JOB OPPORTUNITY - FREELANCE WALKING GUIDE
We have an exciting opportunity for the right person to join us in summer 2018 as a Freelance Guide, leading walking holidays throughout the Outer Hebrides. Are you interested in one of the best jobs in Scotland? Then read on…!
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic and reliable person who has the following skills and experience:
- A Mountain Leader, Hill & Moorland or Walking Group Leader Award. If you think you are the person for us, but don’t have one of the above, you will need to gain this qualification before you start working with us.
- Extensive experience of walking in the Outer Hebrides and / or Orkney & Shetland.
- Preferably you will have experience of working as a guide already, but as a minimum you must have experience of working with groups of adults, ideally in an outdoor setting.
- A good knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, the history, culture, archaeology and wildlife of the Outer Hebrides (from Lewis down to Barra).
- A genuine enthusiasm for sharing your knowledge with clients from all over the world.
- A full driving licence and experience of driving large people carriers or small 9 seater minibuses.
- First aid qualification (or be willing to obtain this prior to starting work with us).
In return we can offer the following:
- The chance to lead and guide a minimum of 7 week-long walking tours, from the middle of May to the middle of September. More weeks may be available to the successful candidate.
- We will pay you a flat rate of £700, plus expenses, for each week worked. The exact number of days required for each tour will vary, but will be either 7 or 8 days.
- We will also pay a bonus of £1,000 at the end of the season if you complete the whole contract.
- All meals and accommodation are provided when working away from home during the tours.
- The opportunity to work with a small, friendly and supportive island-based company...and to get paid for walking in some of the most beautiful landscapes in Europe!
If you would like an informal chat about this job please phone Mick Blunt on 01851 820981 or 07724 150015.
If you would like to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a supporting statement saying why you think you would be ideal for the job.