JOB OPPORTUNITY - FREELANCE WALKING GUIDE
We have an exciting opportunity for the right person (or people) to join us in summer 2020 as a Freelance Guide, leading walking holidays in the Outer Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland. Are you interested in one of the best jobs in Scotland? Then read on…!
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic and reliable person who has the following skills and experience:
- A Mountain Leader, Hill & Moorland or Walking Group Leader Award. If you think you are the person for us, but don’t have one of the above, don't worry. We can help you gain these qualifications.
- Extensive experience of walking (and preferably living) in the Outer Hebrides, Orkney or Shetland.
- Preferably you will have experience of working as a guide already, but if not it will help if you have had experience of working with people in an outdoor setting.
- A reasonable knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, the history, culture, archaeology and wildlife of the islands where we work. Don't worry if you're not too strong in some of these areas: if you are willing to learn we will consider you!
- A genuine enthusiasm for sharing your knowledge with clients from all over the world.
- A full driving licence and, ideally, experience of driving large people carriers or small 9 seater minibuses.
- First aid qualification (or be willing to obtain this prior to starting work with us).
In return we can offer the following:
- The chance to lead and guide week-long walking tours, from early May to the middle of September.
- We can be very flexible for the right candidate(s): we can offer you anything from 2 to 10 full weeks of guiding.
- Generous rates of pay.
- All meals and accommodation are provided when working away from home during the tours.
- The opportunity to work with a small, friendly and supportive island-based company...and to get paid for walking in some of the most beautiful landscapes in Europe!
If you would like an informal chat about this job please phone Mick Blunt on 01851 605025.
If you would like to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short CV and a supporting statement saying why you think you would be ideal for the job.